Courtesy Renewals start February 1, 2018. Here’s how it works:
Items checked out at RML, whether our items or inter-library loan items will be renewed for an additional loan period (generally 1 week for entertainment DVDs, 3 weeks for everything else) when eligible. Items will be renewed 3 days prior to current due date.
Items will NOT be renewed if:
- The item is a Museum Pass or New DVD as these items are non-renewable.
- Downloadable materials will not renewed.
- There is a hold on the item.
- The item has reached its maximum allowable renewals (generally 2 renewals).
- Your overdue fines have reached or exceeded $10.00.
- Your card is expired or suspended.
- The item was checked out at a non-participating library.
You do not need to sign-up for this program as sign-up is automatic for all patrons. You may, however, opt out of this program. Simply let the desk staff know you wish to opt out.
The Courtesy Overdue notices, also called Almost Due notices that you receive via email will reflect only those items that could not be automatically renewed. These notices are sent out 2 days prior to the current due date. Please be sure we have a current email for you to receive these notices. You can always go online to the Encore Catalog to check on your due dates.
While automatic renewal may not be available for some items, you may request a renewal or extension in person or via phone. The status of an item’s holds changes day to day. Furthermore, while Sierra automatically blocks renewables on any items with a hold, here at RML we generally override those holds if they are not for our RML patrons.
You can still choose to renew items manually by going online, calling, or stopping by the library.
As always, we are happy to assist you and answer any questions.