Fill out the form below by noon on Friday each week (just once a week!) and you will receive the Treat for the Week!
We are asking for your email as some of the treats are virtual and will be sent to you.
Complete these any time this summer! You can do whichever ones you like, as many times as you like! When you fill out your weekly Google form, you will indicate which challenges you completed.
- Read a book that offers a window to another culture
- Read a biography
- Read a book that makes you laugh
- Read a book with water on the cover
- Read outside
- Read to a sibling or pet
- Listen to an audiobook
- Read a downloaded book
- Read a collection of short stories or poems
- Read a book recommended by a librarian (Nutmeg books count! You can also email Ms. Eileen at firstname.lastname@example.org for a suggestion!)
- Make something (food, craft, artwork) inspired by something you’ve read
- Read a non-fiction book to learn something new
- Recommend a book to a friend or relative
- Read a book that someone in your family liked and wants you to read
- Visit RML outside to take part in our Seek & Find, Chalk Obstacle Course or other game!
Make sure you don’t miss out on programs, crafts and other fun activities that go with each special summer theme! Everything will be posted here on our website.
- June 20 – 26: Pets & Pals
- June 27 – July 3: Celebrate America!
- July 4 – July 10: Beetles, Bugs & Butterflies
- July 11 – July 17: The Science of Summer
- July 18 – 24: Fairies, Fantasy & Fun
- July 25 – 31: The Great Outdoors
- August 1 – 7: Creatures of the Sea
- August 8 – 14: Goin’ on a Picnic
Lunch Bunch begins July 10! Best for ages 2-6. For more information, click here.
Chalk Obstacle Course has been postponed! We are postponing it for another week when there isn’t a threat of rain every day! We will keep you posted.
To make up for it, we will have surprise “Busy Bags” available to pick up Thursday and Friday this week, 10-4 pm. They will be sealed so you won’t know what you’re going to get! There will be Preschool OR Elementary bags to choose from depending on your child’s age.
Treat of the Week:
Fill out your weekly Google reading form and earn a Library2Go Bug Catching & Craft Kit!
Also, we will leave out take-home treats from previous weeks while supplies last. Please be respectful of others and take 1 per child. So glad our friends are enjoying their Simply Summer reading treats!
FreeSchool’s amazing metamorphosis video of a caterpillar becoming a butterfly! Check it out here!
Joke of the Week:
Q. Why do bees have sticky hair?
A. Because they have honeycombs!
Ms. Eileen found this creature hiding in her kayak and was shocked at how big it was!
Have a grown-up help you use this great website to identify what it is.
Note: It’s not a great picture – the creature wasn’t green but rather grey and brown. It was about the length of a pinky finger. Ms. Eileen still isn’t sure…what do you think?
Highlighted Author/Illustrator: CT Author Leslie Bulion
This poet and author of Hey There, Stink Bug! knows a lot about critters.
Find this book on her website and check out the fun Activity Guide that goes with it.