Fill out the form below by noon on Friday each week (just once a week!) and you will receive the Treat for the Week!
We are asking for your email as some of the treats are virtual and will be sent to you.
Complete these any time this summer! You can do whichever ones you like, as many times as you like! When you fill out your weekly Google form, you will indicate which challenges you completed.
- Read a book that offers a window to another culture
- Read a biography
- Read a book that makes you laugh
- Read a book with water on the cover
- Read outside
- Read to a sibling or pet
- Listen to an audiobook
- Read a downloaded book
- Read a collection of short stories or poems
- Read a book recommended by a librarian (Nutmeg books count! You can also email Ms. Eileen at email@example.com for a suggestion!)
- Make something (food, craft, artwork) inspired by something you’ve read
- Read a non-fiction book to learn something new
- Recommend a book to a friend or relative
- Read a book that someone in your family liked and wants you to read
- Visit RML outside to take part in our Seek & Find, Chalk Obstacle Course or other game!
Make sure you don’t miss out on programs, crafts and other fun activities that go with each special summer theme! Everything will be posted here on our website.
- June 20 – 26: Pets & Pals
- June 27 – July 3: Celebrate America!
- July 4 – July 10: Beetles, Bugs & Butterflies
- July 11 – July 17: The Science of Summer
- July 18 – 24: Fairies, Fantasy & Fun
- July 25 – 31: The Great Outdoors
- August 1 – 7: Creatures of the Sea
- August 8 – 14: Goin’ on a Picnic
Lunch Bunch began July 10! Best for ages 2-6. For more information, check out the flyer here or call us at 860-295-6210 for more information.
STEM Beach Buckets from Cool-ology! Register to pick-up a fun beach bucket filled with 6 STEM activities you can do at home. Buckets are limited. Call us at 860-295-6210. Best for ages 6-11, the kits include materials for the following projects:
- Optical Illusions
- Sinking & Floating
- Mini Catapult
- Straw Rockets
- Flower Power
- Mini Magic Potions
Treat of the Week:
Buggy Craft Kit!
This site has all sorts of fun experiments you can do at home. Check with a parent first!
Joke of the Week:
Q. How do you stop an astronaut’s baby from crying?
A. You rocket!
Get ready for next week’s “Fairies, Fantasy & Fun” theme when you make Magic Beans! Check out how to make them here.
Highlighted Author/Illustrator: Seymour Simon
You don’t get more science-y than Seymour Simon. This website/blog is jam-packed with information for all you science-loving kids. I dare you to find something he hasn’t written a book about!