Fill out the form below by noon on Friday each week (just once a week!) and you will receive the Treat for the Week!
We are asking for your email as some of the treats are virtual and will be sent to you.
Complete these any time this summer! You can do whichever ones you like, as many times as you like! When you fill out your weekly Google form, you will indicate which challenges you completed.
- Read a book that offers a window to another culture
- Read a biography
- Read a book that makes you laugh
- Read a book with water on the cover
- Read outside
- Read to a sibling or pet
- Listen to an audiobook
- Read a downloaded book
- Read a collection of short stories or poems
- Read a book recommended by a librarian (Nutmeg books count! You can also email Ms. Eileen at firstname.lastname@example.org for a suggestion!)
- Make something (food, craft, artwork) inspired by something you’ve read
- Read a non-fiction book to learn something new
- Recommend a book to a friend or relative
- Read a book that someone in your family liked and wants you to read
- Visit RML outside to take part in our Seek & Find, Chalk Obstacle Course or other game!
Make sure you don’t miss out on programs, crafts and other fun activities that go with each special summer theme! Everything will be posted here on our website.
- June 20 – 26: Pets & Pals
- June 27 – July 3: Celebrate America!
- July 4 – July 10: Beetles, Bugs & Butterflies
- July 11 – July 17: The Science of Summer
- July 18 – 24: Fairies, Fantasy & Fun
- July 25 – 31: The Great Outdoors
- August 1 – 7: Creatures of the Sea
- August 8 – 14: Goin’ on a Picnic
YOGA ADVENTURE! Our friend Jennifer at We Grow Yoga (wegrowyoga.com) is sharing her 30 minute ‘outdoor’ yoga adventure with us, where you use your breath and body to help you imagine! Perfect for ages 2 & up, you can find it here and watch at your leisure.
LAST LUNCH BUNCH! Best for ages 2-6. For more information, check out the flyer here or call us at 860-295-6210.
Treat of the Week:
Fill out your weekly Google reading form and earn a Mermaid or Pirate Craft Kit!
We think one of the best things about the outdoors are the animals! Visit EarthCam where you can find a live cam for all sorts of animals! Beware, it’s easy to lose track of time.
Joke of the Week:
Q. What kind of tree can fit into your hand?
A. A palm tree!
Author/Illustrator Christian Robinson has a great YouTube show called Making Space, where he shares his creative ideas and activities. He knows that sometimes we like to explore, but also that sometimes, we get lost. So join him in making a fun map of your neighborhood, town, or backyard!
Highlighted Author/Illustrator: Cathryn Falwell
Cathryn Falwell is the author/illustrator behind some iconic picture books – colorful, beautiful, and often about nature! Turtle Splash! – Scoot! – Rainbow Stew – Pond Babies! Check out her new website and associated blog for some video readings of her books and some kid-friendly activities.